Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baby booties?

Baby booties?
That's what happens when my creative friend, Lavona, comes over! We were either going to make chickens, dogs, flowers, purses or just work on our dolls. Lavona has been taking my private lessons and really needs to finish up her doll! Maybe next time.
Anyways, I have had this book on felting sitting here for three years or so. Maybe not that long but anyways.
So we settled on baby booties. Well - we did them smaller to be doll booties but I am afraid mine turned out too thick and short and they might fit a dog foot.
After she left I wanted to make another pair that was bigger. You see, I think this would be a GREAT project to teach for young moms.....so I had to try them.
They took a couple of hours to do. Not bad for a beginner. Now I have to see if they are functional. I am sending them off to Ablemabel so LouLou can do her 500 in them. We'll see what her mother says about them. May have to tweak the pattern.