Monday, July 19, 2010

Go west old lady, go west.






Let's see, where did I leave off?? The week I spent with Heather and family was just what I needed....no schedule, no deadlines, beautiful weather, hiking, being with grandkids, sitting at the beach with no worries, holding my precious newborn grandson, and, yes, even vacuuming and scrubbing!
Heather and Conor love Whitefish and I can see why. Hope to be back soon!
Megan went east to Minnesota while Hannah and I continued westward. We left at about 8 am and headed for I-90 southwest to Longview, Washington.
We listened to "Hattie Big Sky" for the day and I didn't fall asleep at the wheel! It was a long day - we stopped in Spokane for lunch, had ice cream at the vegetable place near Pasco, hiked the Multnomah Falls on the Columbia Gorge and got into town about 9 pm.!
My brother Danny and his daughter Linnea made me do a run with them EARLY Sunday morning! I pooped out on them - couldn't get these stiff legs to keep going. Oh, well, it was still fun! After church on Sunday we went to the beach - a destination that is required when you come here - no matter the weather.
So now after another EARLY morning walk (uphill - I swear my feet will be permanently pointing uphill forever) I am going to teach a bead class!
So I guess I better get going...
The clouds didn't dampen our spirits and we spent an enjoyable day there!

No comments: